Monday, June 3, 2013

2013 Peachtree 23

All I can say is WOW. I need another weekend to recover from my weekend! I have a ton of photos so I may split this up!

Anywho, the Peachtree 23 yardsale started for me on Friday night. One of the perks of living right in the middle of the excitement is a little pre-gaming! I ran home from work, ate very quickly, and rushed my very patient husband out the door to walk through downtown with me. As soon as we left our drive, we met up with a neighbor we had not met before and his sweet little dog! I love talking to the neighbors and we did plenty of that too! More on that later! We didn't have to go far before we saw this....
A Hoosier cabinet whose only real issue was a broken Bakelite handle. Because it was Friday night and not Saturday and I didn't want to be a pest, I didn't ask the price. Silly me. It sold for $50.00 that night. *le sigh* Oh well.

These are a few views from downtown on Friday night.



See that cute little bench behind the chippy planter? Yeah, I missed that too! Next year, I will be up earlier!

I overslept on Saturday morning by about 30 minutes but me and Vince were up and out the door by 7:00 AM....some of us in a better mood than others (sorry, Honey!). This was Ridge Spring at about 7:30 Saturday morning...

As you can see, traffic is starting to pick up. That wood sign down there was a homemade ice cream booth. They ran out of Peach ice cream but their chocolate was wonderful!!

So what did I buy? Who did I meet? What else did I photograph?

Stay tuned! More tomorrow!


5 comments:

  1. No fair having the resident sneak peek before the actual sale! I enjoyed getting to met you along the way. I went home with the SUV packed. I read all the blogs down the page especially about the insurance problem - I am glad you are getting that settled! Scarlett is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to have a preview. It was fun and exhausting. I could not do one of these once a month I tell ya. I got some great deals. Donna, CC, and I had a good time. Some how CC and I did not see you. xo, olive

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so looking forward to the peach ice cream, but they were out by the time we got there! Must be great to live right in the middle of all that! I live in Augusta and this was our second run of the Peachtree 23. Can't wait till next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun times, it looks like. How cool to be in the midst of the action!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms. Olive, when I ran into Ms. Donna, she said you had called it a day! I was thinking that sounded like a good idea! We did much more talking than shopping. I was trying so hard to remember to take photos of the goodies but my camera kept wandering to the gorgeous homes along the way. Next year, I may take Friday off work so I can rest up! Haha!

    I was looking forward to the peach ice cream too. My husband joked with the people that they were in the middle of the Peach Belt and didn't have any peach! Guess I'll have to make a churn myself!

    ReplyDelete