Friday, May 31, 2013

The Peachtree 23 yard sale is this weekend!! Never heard of it? It's a 44 mile long yard sale that runs from Modoc, SC (also referred to by Vince and I as "the Lake"!) to Batesburg-Leesville, SC. Vince and I have been twice: once a few years ago (3, I think) and we started in Edgefield and worked our way to Batesburg. Last year (2012) we just walked up the road from the house and shopped the Ridge Spring area. This year, I plan to start in Ridge Spring and work my way toward Modoc!

Since Ridge Spring will be busy this weekend and folks will be passing the house, yard clean-up is in full swing! Cornell, our yard guy, raked and mowed and managed to fill what seemed like 100 bags of yard debris! Vince says it was only 50 bags. It was three pickup truck trips to the dump! We're also preparing to celebrate my cousin Jeff's 50th birthday with a party at the house so we're busy busy busy! Here are some photos of the yard from yesterday evening...
Three cans of sticks. You can tell from the lack of grass that lawn care was not a very important issue with the homeowners for quite a while now. We're hoping to get some hardy, shady-friendly grass planted soon!

The last load of bags of leaves. As you can see, our large Magnolia out front wastes no time in adding more leaves to the ground! We'll start mulching them and raking them up around the base of the tree. Again, what grass is there is patchy and sad looking.
The chimney work continues. They are almost to the top of the first chimney...within 3 feet or so. We are waiting for a good soaking rain to verify that the water intrusion into the parlor has stopped. The chimney looks 100 times better than it did and I think they've stopped the bee trespassers also!!

Anywho, that's all the news from Scarlett this week.

I'll leave you today with a view from our back pasture of some of the Yon's gorgeous cows. My Paint horse is fascinated by them! I think he thinks they're just really ugly horses. Sorry for the dark photo. I have been shooting with my iPhone camera rather than my Canon and this was taken about 8:30 PM.

I will take some pictures this weekend along the trail of the Peachtree 23! Have a wonderful weekend! Hopefully, I'll be back Monday with a photo of my haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment